TRAVEL TO THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS BY CAR
The organisers recommend the use of public transport for travel to Mendrisio. For those who insist on travelling by car, the compulsory Vignette motorway tax disc will not be necessary on the Chiasso-Melide motorway section between 22 and 27 September.
Mendrisio can be reached easily by the A2 motorway. Car parks are clearly signposted for quick and easy access.
Several parking zones are provided in the vicinity of the race circuit. Information about the location of each car park is provided on signposts along the route; in addition, special staff will direct vehicles to the car parks. Car users are asked to obey the rules of the road and the usual legal regulations.
Directions for all car parks:
- approaching from the north: A2, take the exit for Melide and follow signs for P MONDIALI
- approaching from the south: A2, take the exit for Chiasso Centro and follow signs for P MONDIALI
- approaching from the Ponte Chiasso border crossing: follow signs for P MONDIALI
- approaching from the Stabio-Gaggiolo border crossing: follow signs for P MONDIALI
Parking is subject to the following prices per car:
- Wednesday and Thursday: CHF 10.00; Euro 6.00
- Saturday and Sunday: CHF 15.00; Euro 10.00
Designated parking spaces are available for buses. The route is signposted and parking is free.
WARNING: vehicles parked outside of the designated zones will be towed away by the police at the owner’s expense.